- Since the beginning of this course my writing has changed infinitely. I have more style and I’m able to write with some flair. I think this is a strong contribution to my abilities as a student because it’ll help me in the long run when I’m writing different types of essays for colleges. Since this term I have improved considerably with the set-up of my pieces, and the amount of effort put into them. I really dug deep and tried to write so that people would find interest in what I had to say.
- In the future my goals for writing are to become more logistic in the way I set things up. I want people to read my writing and think of how organized and well-planned it was. I want to be able to write well in rhetoric, synthesis, and argumentative. That type of writing is important to me because I think it shows off more intelligence and gives readers a better sense of what you’re talking about. But I also think the type of style I’ve learned to write in for journalism will contribute greatly to my writing. This is because teachers I’ve had in English are always telling us to show ourselves in our writing, but to be professional about it. I feel like the things I’ve learned in journalism will help me to accomplish the goals of my English teachers.
- I like being a part of a creative team. Everyone in the journalism classes seems to get everything done on time; I know I did. I think it makes the final product bigger than what it would be on its own. It also creates more interest because everyone has something different to say, and everyone has their own style of getting a message across.
- I did well on getting my pieces in on time, and with better effort shown. I really thought about what I was writing, and I actually had more fun with what I was given. I made my writing have more flair and interest by taking my time and finding out the opinions of others, as well as discovering my own. By managing my time well and putting more effort into my final articles, they turned out pretty well.
- I think the amount of time you give us to finish our work is really great. I always feel like I have enough time, sometimes more to revise or make things better. The only thing you could do to make this class better is maybe making the computer room a little less cold!!